Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by horse1

The nearly empty shelves at every gun shop, big-box retailer, and convenience store suggest otherwise. Perhaps UNCC doesn't teach economics?

A couple of the ones I’m speaking of get in regular shipments nearly weekly, yet they still charge $40/50 for 9mm and $1/rd for 223/5.56. I suppose there are people desperate or dumb enough to pay it, but myself and lots of others see it as gouging and these will be the last places I frequent if it ever turns around. I’ve seen one in particular, Hyatt’s charging ridiculous prices on standard and HV 22 LR, $18.99 for a box of 50. It didn’t appear to be moving that fast so I thank them for keeping it that high so supply maybe can catch up with demand.

The post by that shop in VA confirms what I thought was happening, LGS taking advantage of their loyal customers. They shouldn’t be surprised if they go under when or if times get good again. Maybe they are afraid it won’t and are making as much as they can while they can.

The only way this gets "solved" is for the retailer to take the margin out of the grey market.

I don't get it, you're pissed about $40-$50 9MM and $1/round 223's and glad for $19/50 .22lr's????

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.