Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
I know this has been discussed before but from someone who actually has to purchase from suppliers, has your price for loaded ammo really gone up 2.5-3X? That appears to be what is reflected locally and online. Big retailers seem to be holding prices and I can't imagine them losing money intentionally. I don't know enough about the ordering to have a valid opinion but it does appear some online vendors and local shops are gouging to take advantage of the situation we are in. Maybe it's the best way to slow down demand while supply catches back up?

Luckily I reload, but still wish I had several thousand more primers on hand. I'm likely stocked up for over a year at the rate I shoot for small rifle and pistol, longer than that for large rifle. I would like to get back to $0.30/rd ammo on .223 so I can just buy it instead of having to load to shoot.

Maybe you could name some of these "Big Retailers" that have kept their prices down so some of your fellow shooters can get some reasonably priced ammo, I am seeing either rising prices or empty shelves, usually both.

Kaiser Norton

Academy, Cabelas, Scheels, Rogers Sporting Goods

I've bought some ammo and bullets on sale at Cabelas and Scheels, just in the last couple of weeks. And nothing specialized... 44 mag ammo, 175 grain SMKs, etc