MarineHawk,

I might add that there have been times when I could not find an elk no matter what I tried to do. Times like that were when I started to question everything I was doing. Maybe I wasn't being quiet enough, maybe I was going too fast, maybe I was looking in the wrong places, maybe I needed a lucky rabbit foot and didn't have one!

Whatever the problem was, I just couldn't seem to figure it out! Nothing was working! I was hunting hard all day long, and I could not even get a glimpse of an elk.

And then, my wife would come into camp after a hard day of elk hunting and tell me where the elk were located!! And maybe she was packing a load of elk meat too! She has always has a knack for finding elk even when I was convinced there were no elk to be found!

No matter how hard you hunt, if you aren't hunting in the right place at the right time, you probably won't find any elk. And when the elk decide to move, or leave, they don't fool around about it.

Crusty snow and elk camps a mile away are most likely not the problem. The problem is figuring out where the elk are!

WyoM70