Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
The quickest way to get someone into shooting is by not parking them behind something like a 30'06... I suffered a 30'06 for years and finally realized it brought nothing to the table. Kicks the crap out of you for no reason. A lot more fun shooting medium cartridges, especially for deer. My go to gun now is a 6.5×55, and bought my son a 6.5 Creed. Flame away...

This. I have a Stevens bolt action .22, a Ruger 10/22 and I have a compact Ruger American in .223. I will start the grand kids off on these rifles and then we will move up to something bigger. I have seen too many times someone as a bad joke hands a beginner something in 12 gauge or 30-06 and they leave the range disgusted. When the time is right we will move up to the M1 Garands and 30-06 bolt actions after we shoot the 7x57 and .308's.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.