Originally Posted by bwinters
Thanks guys. Sorry for the delayed response I was running. Literally.

After re-reading my post I was a bit surprised I used that word for the reason elaborated by several. I'm not a fan of the word used in conjunction with wearing clothes or about anything else.

I also find it interesting that people can't get past it either. I have a tendency to get past semantics and evaluate the content. My pet peeve is people struggling to make a point because they haven't figured out grammar or sentence structure. I still try to find whatever value there is...........

I enjoy the knowledge base here and use it often. Some of the guys offering substantive input are also the guys I'm most interested in hearing from.

As to base layers, I 'discovered' a Patagonia R1 shirt yesterday I forgot I bought in WY last summer on closeout. I like hoods but this shirt is going to see some hiking time this winter as a double mid-layer. I'll probably run it all winter grin
Though a bit dated, technology wise, but a full Patagonia R1 shirt/pants has worked for me as a mid layer for about 15yrs. The shirt gets worn alot more than the pants, but for me it works very well. If I'm being somewhat active, silkweight base layer with the R1 as midlayer, and microtex Pants/Shirt/Jacket has taken me through some cold hunts.