Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
I kinda just turned new leaf over myself. I’m a M70 guy, can’t help it and can’t make excuses but by the time you get a receiver from a used gun for 500-750 bucks, pay a good Smith to do all of the tricks to them to make them a bit lighter, smoother and straight you’re into custom action land. I don’t sell much so that’s an afterthought but a Defiance with CRF, 3 Pos safety and a TriggerTech is about in the ballpark of my last 70 after all of the machining. Especially when you get into lengthening them to take a 3.8” Mag box.

Remingtons are a bit less money to start but I’d think after all of the other stuff is done you’re in the custom action realm. Just my thoughts and the good customs just seem perfect from the get go.

Functionally I have no idea if the customs are better though. Plain ol 700’s and 70’s have been doing pretty good for a couple seasons whistle

I’m not afraid of using a M70 for a build. Especially for a dangerous game rifle, like 375 H&H

I’m still intrigued by doing a build off a Tikka action.

🦫

Man, I hate Tikkas. I say that in jest cause those stupid things have been so easy to load for, great triggers and pretty nice once they’re in a stock that fits me but my brain will always grab one of my 70’s first for hunting. No common sense to it but that’s what I like but the Tikkas I’ve had have been ridiculously good across the board. Smooth as silk too.

I think for certain cartridges they make a whole lot of sense to build from.

Laffin...I understand.

It’s also difficult to trash the OEM tube on a Tikka when it’s a minute of a fly’s whickers.

😬🦫

Yeah, so I’ve been selling em! Just taking the temptation right out of it.

Semper Fi