Almost all of the R700 I have built on only needed the receiver face trued and the lugs lapped. I have only one that got the full treatment from PT&G it is very smooth with an oversized bolt. I have only had one extraction issue with a 700, the extractor shaved metal off the rim and then wouldn't feed. Had to polish off the sharp edges and then no issues. The bolt stop seems like a weak point. I screwed one up by some how over stressing the small spring when reassembling it. The bolt would occasionally just drop out of the action. Did this one time while getting ready for a shot at a deer and the bolt fell into sugar sand. I wiped it off and shot the deer but what sand that remained screwed up a Jewel trigger. In a perfect world the recoil lug would be integral with the action or at least pinned.

Lets see receiver face trued, bolt lugs lapped, replace bolt stop, bush firing pin, replace trigger, replace bottom metal, true and pin recoil lug or replace, nitride action and bolt or bolt head. Ok how much did I save going with the R700? This without replacing or sleeving the bolt or adding Borden bumps. Many customs come with a rail or scope mounts so another $60-100 in favor of the custom. Are we there yet (cost wise)?