I prefer the older ones and I have a few.....
Since 86 I have had to replace one extractor.. 280AI..after 10 years of hard use I had a case fail to extract.. happened in the run up to deer season had it replaced and used it for about 7 years after without issue.
Never needed to bush any firing pinholes. This with several flavors of SRP cases . Never felt the need.
I have 700s with originally equipment bolts. And several with PTG bolts depends on the application..
Only bolt handle I ever had fall off was on a PTG bolt..I developed a taste for teardrop bolt handles... The PTG one did not survive the machining process... So I did not get burned in the field. . I have several 700 bolts that have been tig welded. Again depends on application.And how I'm holding my mouth that day..
Can't actually say for sure how many I have right now but I have the treatment done on every single one. With out fail. I'm not going to go to the trouble and expensive of a rebarrel job and not KNOW that the receiver isn't all it should be. I've had two that that were let's say messed up.
I consider it money well spent..

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.