Heard story at the LGS about a customer lost his job over buying (hoarding ammo). Guy in his mid-50s pulled in everyday around 9:30 am in a company van (HVAC from what I was told), walked the path to the ammo shelves and bought what ever was available, obiding by any limits imposed by the LGS. Around 3:30-4:00pm he'd be back, in the same HVAC company truck. More often than not he was refused ammo, since the clerk recognized him and that he'd already made a purchase of the limit for the day. Several times he was confronted about hoarding. His response was always "its for my friends", when in fact he is a know scalper at local gun shows, per other customers.

Couple weeks go by and the guy hasn't shown up. Then one day he reappears. The store owner mentioned to him that they missed him and is antics. The guy replied that he'd lost his job. Supposedly, one of the HVAC company supervisors that was overseeing a job this guy was supposed to be on, got to wondering why the job was so far behind. In the end, the supervisor tracked the guys movement via a GPS in the company vehicle. The supervisor stopped by the LGS, identified himself and asked if any of the employees had seen one of his company vans at the store. He also produced a picture of a particular employee (the guy that had been in every day) and asked if the person driving the van was his employee. Store clerks were a little apprehensive about answering, but in the end, gave the guy up.

Moral of the story - don't park the company billboard (van) near a gun shop, and don't buy ammo on company time.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.