Still pursuing the same vintage guns I pursued in 1980. Only thing different is I can afford them better now. I'll scrimp&save and scheme for a 1930-vintage rifle, and walk right past a rack full of shiny new guns without a second glance. I'm still as passionate, if not more so, about cast bullet shooting as I was in 1980, only a helluva lot more knowledgeable than I was then. Handguns: vintage Colt and Smith revolvers, and Colt 1911's still hold my attention, not so much modern tacticool stuff. I still wear mostly wool when hunting- if weather is so extreme that wool doesn't cut it, I'll not be out in it anyway. (Foot gear is another story- my quest continues for the bestest/lightest/warmest stuff to keep my long suffering toes warm.) Cars: I was knee-deep in the British sports car culture in 1980, still have a pristine 51 year old MG in the garage.

In short, my hardware hasn't changed one bit. My attitudes and knowledge has though. Stick in the mud? Maybe, but that's not to say I haven't kept up - I have kept up purely from an academic standpoint. I simply chose to spend those years perfecting my craft, so to speak, not chasing after every new thing that crossed my path.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty