I love gun shows but alot of the comments above apply, especially "most of the goods deals happen between dealers before and after the show". When I was helping my FFL at shows we did real good that way. You'd be surprised what you can buy at closing time that they don't want to pack up and take home. The best are the old guys that are done shooting and are liquidating their inventory of reloading supplies and gun baubles. You never know when those guys are going to be there so you gotta go.

I usually take a firearm as a conversation starter, maybe one I would trade or sell if the deal was right. As a gag I took a Savage MHG once, which stands for Montreal Home Guard. Told all the dealers I was looking to pick up the bayonet for it. 800 rifles made and even less bayonets, and most of those got ground into Rambo knives after WWI, so basically unobtainium. Believe it or not this knife dealer says, "Yeah, I got one of those at home I'd sell ya for 500 bucks." They normally sell for $3500 when you see them. I about schit myself. He called the next day,"Uh, I guess I must have traded that off, I don't see it anywhere".

Yeah right, more like, " I got on the innerweb and realized what a dumbschit I am and decided not to sell it".

Anyhow, it's all fun and games if you keep the right frame of mind. If you love guns it's like rolling in cheerleaders coated in oil. Well, almost. At least it's not working.

LOL