Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
But once the Supreme Court says a law is constitutional, then it is supposed to be obeyed. With SCOTUS acting like scared rabbits, the Second Amendment is on shaky ground. Under one of the proposals I've seen, one would be prohibited from owning a firearm if convicted of a hate crime. Guess what? Just about every form of dissent from liberal orthodoxy will be labeled a hate crime. Poof, your right to own a gun is gone, and it's all "constitutional".

Not necessarily.

The 2nd Amendment really just sits there. It gets cobwebs and dust gathered all over it.

Politicians have been hammering on it for 150 years. But it just sits there.

Until it's taken away, and at that point in time, it becomes exactly as our founding fathers intended...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Literally "...shall not be infringed" means it is a God given right, and no federal authority can revoke it. Including the Supreme Court. The wording is plain and simple enough. The SC is gov't too... And it includes the SC.

I completely agree with your sentiments on this, don't get me wrong. I understand that 2nd Amendment is in the Bill of Rights, not the bill of privileges. But the way things are going, Amendment 2 will still be sitting there, meaningless, when all who wish to avail themselves of it are locked up for "hate speech" or some other trumped-up felony, unless somebody starts a shooting war.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.