I got called in one night for a stroke. My wife had just bought a new Honda Accord, and I decided to take it. Bar close time. My ride at the time was a Nissan Xterra.

I'm taking the ramp from 169 onto crosstown in Edina and was going what felt "kinda fast" to me, what woulda been 75 tops in my Xterra.

I see the lights behind me, and as I let off the gas I looked at the speedometer. It was above 100mph.

The Edina cop comes to my window and I'm hands on the wheel at 10-2, and start off saying I understand I was going waaaay too fast, am in a lot of trouble, but I'm on my way to the hospital to try and suck clot out of a stroke victim's brain and is there any way could I come back after the call-in?

Cop took my license and went back to his car for a REALLY long two minutes. He walks back and asks Dr or nurse, I reply nurse. He tells me it's a good thing I don't have any speeding tickets on my record and that I probably used up my luck in Edina forever: go take care of that patient.

Now I'm in awe thinking there was no way I wasn't at least getting a huge fine. I get to the call parking spots for IR at the radiation oncology entrance, and everyone else's vehicles are already there so I park and start running to the door fumbling for my badge.

As I'm trying to swipe my badge and open the door, I'm lit up by a floodlight like a deer. I'm looking over shielding my eyes and I hear "Mr xxxxxx, it's a good thing you were really on your to the hospital.'

Light off.

Trooper drives by waving.

My best guess is EPD had a State Trooper check if I was really going in on call. Either way, 20 years later I still drive through Edina under the assumption that my picture is posted in the break room with a sign saying "NO WARNINGS!!!!"

They are not all [bleep].

And I still wonder what happens if I answer MD?!?!??