Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by goalie
I got called in one night for a stroke. My wife had just bought a new Honda Accord, and I decided to take it. Bar close time. My ride at the time was a Nissan Xterra.
I'm taking the ramp from 169 onto crosstown in Edina and was going what felt "kinda fast" to me, what woulda been 75 tops in my Xter
I see the lights behind me, and as I let off the gas I looked at the speedometer. It was above 100mph.The Edina cop comes to my window and I'm hands on the wheel at 10-2, and start off saying I understand I was going waaaay too fast, am in a lot of trouble, but I'm on my way to the hospital to try and suck clot out of a stroke victim's brain and is there any way could I come back after the call-in?

Cop took my license and went back to his car for a REALLY long two minutes. He walks back and asks Dr or nurse, I reply nurse. He tells me it's a good thing I don't have any speeding tickets on my record and that I probably used up my luck in Edina forever: go take care of that patient.

Now I'm in awe thinking there was no way I wasn't at least getting a huge fine. I get to the call parking spots for IR at the radiation oncology entrance, and everyone else's vehicles are already there so I park and start running to the door fumbling for my badge.As I'm trying to swipe my badge and open the door, I'm lit up by a floodlight like a deer. I'm looking over shieldingmy eyes and I hear "Mr xxxxxx, it's a good thing you were really on your to the hospital.'

Light off.

Trooper drives by waving.My best guess is EPD had a State Trooper check if I was really going in on call. Either way, 20 years later I still drive through Edina under the assumption that my picture is posted in the break room with a sign saying "NO WARNINGS!!!!"

They are not all [bleep].And I still wonder what happens if I answer MD?!?!??

Man , you sound like family. I've taken that turn from 169 100,000 times. The internet is pretty cool.

So you know how incredibly stupid it was to be going even 8mph over there.

Other than a study group incident in nursing school, it's probably the most luck I've ever had......