I drive an F250 with the 6.2. It’s about as much a no fuss, just a truck kind of truck as you can buy these days. It doesn’t get fantastic mileage, 15 on the highway unloaded and 10-12 pulling a trailer. It rides like a 3/4 ton but not nearly as rough as my old single wheel f350. It doesn’t have an exhaust brake or turbo and doesn’t make 1000lb ft of torque since it isn’t a diesel.

But it has the brakes and springs to handle anything I want or need to pull. Oil changes are about $35 if you catch the oil on sale at NAPA. And even though it doesn’t have the sack of the modern Diesel engines it still pulls better than anything we had available 20 years ago. Plus it’s a proven and nearly bulletproof setup.

The main reason for my ordering one was the chat I had with the lead mechanic at work. We have a fleet of 4x4 3/4 and 1 tons with 6.2s. Over the years they’ve tried gas and diesel trucks from all the big 3. His claim was that the 6.2/6sp combo in the super duty was absolutely hands down the most reliable setup he’d ever seen, and he’s a GM guy.