Sadly Coyotewacker is right . I think diesels are still good, just not AS good. I ran two 1/2 ton Fords. They were great , but were 1986 and 1996 2wd . I went with a 4x4 2005 GMC diesel after that. After about 5,000 lbs, you will appreciate the 3/4 ton. I know the new 1/2 tons are much more heavy duty than my old 1/2 tons, however,they pulled very good, but it was with a full load of wood around an S curve one day that got me thinking about why experienced pickup drivers are willing to spend more money on D rated tires instead of just plain old 235/75/15" tires. I decided that day that safety is more important than getting by with the smallest truck and working it harder. The 3/4 ton is likely the same price in the long run. My GMC diesel with Allison tranny is so low on repair cost, and so much longer lasting that I wonder if it has the same repair cost price. My brakes lasted 180K, I never touched the tranny or the engine except new oil and filters. Runs like new @ 281K. You will not regret a 3/4 ton going down hill in a S curve when a deer runs out. I think the difference will be very noticable between your Tundra and a 3/4 ton truck.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/28/21.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23