Originally Posted by MarkinGA
Hey guys, I am currently running a 2WD 2012 Toyota Tundra w/ the 5.7L V-8. I am considering upgrading my truck to a newer model and I plan to get 4WD this time. I fairly regularly tow my 20 ft equipment-style tandem axle trailer and 32 hp tractor w/ attachments. My Tundra does pretty decent pulling this load and its well within its rated capacity. Still if I end up getting something else, I’m considering a newer Tundra (which mechanically is the same as what I have) and also wondering whether I should consider a 3/4 ton. I don’t really think I need a diesel, so would likely get a gasser 3/4 if I went that way. I’m kind of afraid of all the hyped up Turbo V6 stuff out there and I want something reliable. My Tundra has been nigh on bulletproof for example.

Top contenders are the following:

2019 or newer Toyota Tundra w/ 5.7L 4WD
Ford F-250 w/ 6.2L 4WD
Ford F-250 w/ 7.3L 4WD

Don’t care for Ram, and feel like GM sold their soul under Obama.

Thoughts, Advice?

Mark in GA

All things considered, the F250 with the 6.2 seems about perfect for you. Maybe a 7.3 gasser on your next purchase many years from now.

Like many people have mentioned already, you need more than just a good engine to make a good puller. From tires on up.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.