Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Fireball2
that things would be fine in America, secure in your knowledge that nothing would rock the foundations of our blessed home?

Truly ... no. The only time I recall hope and optimism was that period when the Berlin Wall came down and the Soviet Union fell apart. We'd lived under the threat of nuclear annihilation for long time before that. There was a moment, a collective sigh of relief. Didn't last long.

I've always lived in what I perceived as a brief lull between disasters waiting for the other shoe to fall. I reckon I always will. Optimism is for fools living in a world of denial and delusion.

Tom

Tom, a man has to make the most of what he has available. Living everyday just waiting for the other shoe to drop will eventually set a man up for the other shoe to drop. Living with no hope isn't living life at all. Hell I know things may get worse for a while, but I also know things will eventually get better also. Sun came out here today and I'm sighting in a new rifle I hope to use when I retire in a few years, life is good.