Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
The last 5 years has been a rollercoaster for me. I now get these spells of insomnia that last about a week or so, where I'm only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep, some times less. shocked I just recently retired at the age of 59. It's impossible for me to sleep or nap during the day, which really sucks...I am jealous of People who can nap during the day. Besides meds, and punching the Clown, lol, any helpful tips for insomnia? Thank you.

I find what often helps is to leave the TV on. What I actually do when this is an issue is just play episode after episode of the old Andy Griffith Show that's free on Prime. They will play back to back without you having to do anything. I'm usually asleep before the end of the first episode. But it's important not to try to sleep. Actually lay in bed and attempt to stay awake and follow the story line, even if your eyes are closed.

This
I find the TV takes my mind off issues that keep it a racing.

I also can’t sleep well in a bed that is flat, I need the head raised quite a bit.

Getting up to piss isn’t a problem, falling back to sleep afterwards is a real problem.

I prolly get 5-6 good hours a night.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.