Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Southern Oregon coast ...Heceta Head south ...maybe drop down 101 far enough to see the north end of the redwoods around Crescent City CA. Coastal trails abound.

This. Go to Gold Beach and take a 104 mile round trip jet boat ride up the Rogue River. It’s a unique perspective and they should see wildlife.
We went with Jerry’s Rogue Jets.

If they want to hike, they can actually hike from Grants Pass here, to Gold Beach along the Rogue River... 4 day hike... 85 miles or so... and then take Jerry's Jet Boats back up stream....

Tour HWY 101, around the Peninsula up in Washington starting in Olympia, up the west side of Puget Sound, up to Port Townsend, over to Port Angeles, then down Hwy 101 on the west side, cross into Oregon at Astoria and then follow Hwy 101, down the west coast..... zillions of State Parks on the Oregon Coast, down to Brookings, and Crescent City CA... follow that on down to Eureka area, head east back on US 299 to Redding Up I 5 until they hit Weed, and take Hwy 97 up the east side of the Cascades, side trip near Klamath Falls to see Crater Lake... up thru Bend and then on up to Washington state, and cross into WA... There is a duplicate of Stone Hendge made after WW 1 that overlooks the Columbia that is pretty cool...

Then either follow the Columbia River Gorge back into Portland and home... or continue up Hwy 97 on the east side of the Cascades, maybe a side trip to MT Rainier....all the way north until you hit US 2, and take that west over Stevens Pass on the North Cascades Hwy... back into Everett, then down I 5 into Seattle and fly home....

minus the Looney Toons, there is no shortage of cool places to see here....that is why I live here, but endure the political wackos, and leftist idiots...

Moved here in 95 from the Twin Cities....because I foresaw Minneapolis/StPaul turning into what it has become.... didn't come here to live in Portland or Seattle.. which were both beautiful cities back in the late 70s when I was stationed at Ft Lewis.. that sure changed after I left....

When my time comes, I'll probably go back home to Virginia tho.... but I have sure enjoyed the outdoor opportunities the PNW and Northern California have offer me...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez