If I had a week to spend in Oregon, I'd fly into Eugene and rent a car and head for Newport (less than 90 minutes drive from Eugene). I'd make that home for a few days and go to the lighthouses (Yaquina Head and Yaquina Bay), the aquarium, whale watching in Depoe Bay (18 miles north of Newport), and if they want to go hiking, head 26 miles north toward Lincoln City and hike Drift Creek Falls. If they're interested in fishing the ocean, Depoe Bay is a great place (Dockside Charters). There's several good breweries/tap houses and restaurants there as well. I'd then head south on Highway 101 and make stops at the Haceta Head Lighthouse and walk the bay front in Florence (Newport has a cool bay front too, but it's a working bay front and smells "fishy" at times, but is worth seeing). I'd then take Highway 38 from Reedsport over to I-5 and head south to Roseburg and then go to Crater Lake. Plenty of falls to hike to along the Diamond Lake Highway if they wanted. It's 90 minutes or so back to Eugene from Roseburg. Or if they have more time, head south and see the Redwoods and then back up the coast. One could easily kill a week making that loop and not run out of things to see and do.