I've fondled all the usual suspects, and the standouts for me are a single six or smaller Blackhawk frame with the SAA grip. I love my Bisley, it points decent, and handles recoil better, but the plow handle just feels "faster".

1911. Any of them.

As as far as rifles, my #1 .45-70 is likely my most "pointable".

I gotta say, and this is an oddball, the best feeling long gun I ever held to my shoulder, in terms of speed and stability (bear in mind, I didn't shoot it, or hunt with it, just fondled it), was a flintlock that Tip Curtis had in his shop one day. He had built it.

It was a Colerain Jaeger barrel (I think 32"), it was either .54 or .58, but in a regular Bivens pattern Lancaster stock. Can't remember which specific lock, but I'm pretty sure it was just a Lancaster (Siler) style lock, as the Lancaster stock doesn't sweep downward through the grip. The damn thing pointed like it had eyes and simply stayed there once I got it to my shoulder. I've got a couple of uncompleted Flintlock projects but always thought I'd love to build one like that just to hunt with. I've never held a long gun (rifle or shotgun) that felt better to me, and I've held several. Had I not stayed broke back then, I'd have just had him build one like it for me.