Originally Posted by MidBore338
My paternal grandparents were Canadian citizens and lived in Canada. Spent much time there growing up and my parents still own the place.

Canada is not a bad place. Odd laws for many Americans and it’s very very liberal for the most part. Conservative Canadians are very much the minority.

Canadians and Americans have very different expectations from life in my experience and Americans are far more materialistic...well the baby boomers are.

While very conservative and extremely proud to be American I think Canadians are generally happier.

They tend to think America is all guns and crack. Something like 90% of em live within 50 miles of the border IIrc. Food in Canada is awful compared to the US. Well to be fair their dairy is better in my experience but their meat and seafood is terrible.

Americans have much much more freedom and I’m not just referring to the 2a.

Canadians are also far more anti-American than Americans are anti Canada. Not to be snarky but I believe it’s because Canada is internationally insignificant and they have an inferiority complex.

Canada is also loaded with Chinese and Arabs and pakis. We have the you know who’s

You’ve been hanging out in the wrong parts of Canada.