Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by yukon254
Midbore338s comment on Canadians being more anti American than the other way around, is spot on in my experience, especially if you lean to the conservative side of the isle.

Have not noticed this.

As an expat Aussie, I call a spade, a bloody shovel !

I wouldnt expect you would being an Aussie. Just one example out of many I could give, happened during the US election in 2016. Our local Ford dealership was taking signatures ( from Canadians ) on a big 50-foot long ribbon. The signatures were gathered as a protest towards the GOP candidates. The ribbon was eventually taken to Trumps inauguration.

Some of the things that have happened here during covid, have really brought this issue front and center. Americans, many of them service members, on their way to Alaska have been severely harassed on their travel through Canada. Last summer I stayed at a local hotel for work. The hotel was one of the designated places these traveling Americans could stay on their way through. I saw first hand how some of them were treated, and it was disgusting. Meanwhile, Canadian snowbirds have been circumventing the law to get themselves and their families to warmer climes since this started. Some are shipping motorhomes across the border, then hiring a helicopter to ferry them across. Go figure.