comerade;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend, I trust that this second Sunday in April finds you and yours well.

We're sort of getting spring here, but it's been freezing at night enough to have me not hooking up the irrigation quite yet, but the Saskatoon trees and Arrowleaf Balsamroot are starting to bloom.

Hopefully I'll be forgiven for repeating this story again, but it was a time when I wasn't identified as Canadian and I thought it was rather humorous.

As a general rule we usually tented on our family vacations, but as we'd experienced the storms and wind that Cody, Wyoming can get sometimes, we stayed in a hotel that night which had both showers that we all enjoyed and a pool that the girls made use of in the morning. It was I'll note before forging onward a beautiful, sunny morning considering the wild thunder and rain storm the night before.

While I was standing at the poolside watching our girls, clad as usual in hat and boots, a chap approached me and asked me something or other regarding local sights to see.

When I replied that I wasn't a local and was a Canadian, he replied in a less than complimentary way, "Well you look like a local. Where are you from?"

I replied British Columbia and was about to add where in BC we came from when he cut me off, "You don't look like you're from BC. I've been to Vancouver, you don't look like anyone I saw there..."

Anyways, it turned out he was from a larger urban center on the eastern seaboard, exactly where I've misplaced in my memory banks this morning comerade, but since he'd visited Vancouver, he felt he understood what this rather large landmass and diverse group of inhabitants represented, or so I was given to understand by him put better perhaps.

We're certainly less rural and relaxed here in the Okanagan than when we moved here in '84, but even on a busy day Kelowna does not come close to Robson Street in my experience.

Our youngest daughter lives down there in the big smoke and she seems to like it, but it's a bit busy and congested for my personal comfort level.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"