We’ve seen the Eastern European kids up here working fast food joints, gas stations etc.

What I’ve seen they’ve impressed me, hard working polite kids. Might be worth looking into. Wish I had a good answer for you Sam, as always wish you the best.

Both of my boys have good payin jobs w bennies, being able to pass a drug test, knowing the value of showing up & hard work not being a foreign subject to them probably helped. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I did much wrong raising my kids, I was a fire breathing, no nonsense, yelling & cussing machine too much of the time, but as they got older, more capable & learned when we had work to do it was time to get to work, we’d have fun busting each other’s balls over who worked the hardest or was most capable. But at least they’d been introduced to what work should look like.

There’s nada to replace the energy of youth though. We used to get up cows on my grandads place to move them a couple of miles to different pasture. No four wheelers, no horse as mine was kept on my dads farm. I could wheel back on foot running to get to the other side of the small herd to push a stray back into the herd, then wheel back to the side I was supposed to be working. I made up for a fair amount of dumb, w incredible energy.

Some of the best days of my life were spent helping my grandad. He remains as one of the best men I’ve ever known.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.