Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I have zero concerns with Jim's meat. Zero.

Old neighbor gave us a bunch of meat from one of their cows they had cut up. Tasted like gamey azz deer. They just pulled it off the range and cut it up. Yay grass fed lol.

There is a big difference between meat from a cow on range consuming dry cheat grass, sage brush, and juniper berries; or a cow on sweet meadow grass or irrigated pasture.

Meat tastes like what it eats. There is a local guy who raises about fifty holstien steers a year. He feeds them waste from the local Ore-Ida potato and onion processing/freezer plant. The steers eat tons of reject french fries and onion rings.

People who buy meat from him refuse to eat "fresh meat" any more because it tastes nasty. They buy from the meat counter at Walmart instead.

It took me years to convince one family to try a couple of my steaks. They loved my beef and could not understand why it was not nasty like that they had bought from their buddy.

And then of course, some of us like the taste of venison. And some prefer their meat to be devoid of flavor. But nobody wants their beef to taste like a rancid french fry or onions.

Without a doubt.

I like venison, but like beef it’s not all the same. Sometimes it’s delicious. But I Have had plenty that I only ate because I felt obligated. The beef I referenced earlier was like that.

My dad grew up in a dairy, and they only beef they ate were the old cows that quit producing. He wasn’t a big beef fan lol.

I had plenty of people look at me cross eyed for feeding out my Holstein steer to butcher. They didn’t have anything negative when they ate it though for sure.

Given my druthers I’d eat nothing but ribeyes, pork chops and pork/beef roasts and be perfectly content.

MAGA