I've had tables several times over the years at various gun shows so have a bit of experience. I strongly suggest that as a first time vendor, you take a nice, soft pillow to sit on. Those chairs are hard and no fun to sit on all day. wink

Have some cover for the table on which to put your goods, and another cover to cover your stuff for the night.

Introduce yourself to the vendors on each side of your table. Being friendly with them means when you have to go to the restroom or snack bar, you can ask them to keep an eye on your table while you're away. They might in turn, ask you the same favor.

Be prepared for many "lookyloos," who either try to really low ball you on the price on some gun or ammo. Also know that you'll hear a lot of "Well, I'll walk the show and be back for that _______," or "I'll think about it." Ninety nine times of a hundred, that dude ain't comin' back. On the other hand, on rare occasions one will. Or, be careful that two thieves working together will try and distract you while the other thief puts something in his pack, pocket, etc., and walks away before you notice it is gone.

Know previously before the show what you'll take for each item on your table, as people "dicker" for a price.

Take plenty of cash. I never take checks or credit cards. I always take plenty of $20s, $10s, $5s, ten $1s, and maybe a couple of $50s, to make change. Usually, most venues have ATM machines.

Make sure the person who wants one of your firearms is a resident of your State before selling him/her a gun.

Ordinarily I bring a small ice chest with a soft drink, water bottle, and sandwich. This last show, however, my partner's wife brought us a 'burger for lunch. Mighty tasty after having sat there for five hours dealing with people.

After the show closes each day, watch your surroundings as you walk to your vehicle in the parking lot. It is not impossible for some thug(s) to seriously want what's in your pocket. They know that lots of cash is carried by the vendors.

Other than that, enjoy yourself ... and be sure to take a couple of Beanie Babies, some rancid jerky, and a bit of China made jewelry home for wife and daughter. They'll really appreciate it! grin

L.W.

EDIT: The suggestion to take a dolly or cart to carry your goods is an excellent one.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 04/18/21.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)