Originally Posted by Papag
Watch out for BATFE undercover entrapment agents. Don't offer any under the table deals or listen to offers for same. Just be careful. Used to be the most fun weekends of my young life, trading, swapping, selling, buying. No longer.

Some folks laugh at that. Don’t. Had the organizer of a show get on the horn one morning a good hour before opening. Obudderbud was in town and guy was giving a serious heads up warning THEY would be there looking for a nice photo opp. Didn’t surprise anybody but the salsa makers but there was a momentary rumble. Sure enough an hour into the show here comes Miss Priss admiring an admirable 3” 5 shot nickle Taurus .44 Special; slobbering, drooling, so nice etc. but since she didn’t have a concealed carry or purchase permit, she had to go get her uncle who did. HE would want it (straw?) only problem was he was out of state and they brought another witness back with them. Lying 🤥 m dying. Got crude enough they knew I knew and drifted away immediately.

Another guy wandered around several shows I was wandering with a Montgomery Ward small ring Mauser that was nice. Would have enjoyed it. But he wanted 3 prices. What he really wanted to do was sell a Sten his old Daddy brought back from the war. I looked trustworthy and the price was less than a grand. Did a little interview just for chuckles before SMH and walking. Son was with me and young. Made sure it was a learning experience. Saw the same guy at the next show and got close enough to hear pretty much the same pitch. Saw him a couple more times then never again. It happens.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."