I got a table at a local show a few years ago after I retired. It was a first time for me and here are a few things that I either did or learned.

1. Get a good buddy to go with you. He can help you watch your table during busy times and guard it while you hit the restroom to go look around.
2. Research prices on your stuff and price it on the high side of average. This gives you room to dicker.
3. Mark the prices on your stuff.
4. Take something with you to help move your stuff in and out. A wagon, 2 wheel dolly, ect.
5. Take a couple of blankets. One for a table cloth and one to cover up with.
6. Take your own chairs, something comfortable.
7. Take a lot of small bills for change. Price your stuff at even dollars. No $4.95 type prices.
8. Consider bringing a small ice chest for food and drink.

I tried to engage anyone that walked by and slowed down to look. Nothing high pressure, just a simple good morning or good afternoon. If they stop to look, offer your help. Again, no/low pressure. Introduce yourself to the vendors on either side of you and behind you. Be cautious when leaving the show, you may have a pocket full of money. Be prepared to answer stupid questions, to be low balled and to engage in conservations with lots of like minded people.

All in all, I enjoyed it. And turned a lot of unwanted stuff into cash.

lightman