Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Buy a used truck and save thousands!

I've bought nothing but.

Tired of wrenching on stuff in the busy season.

Man, I'm totally with you. Wrenching on a hobby car is one thing, but your daily driver or backcountry rig sucks. I used to carry probably 50 pounds of tools and spare parts, just in case, for my hunting/exploring rigs. Typically U-joints and tools for a quick swap, but other tools. Plus vehicle recovery gear. The weight and space adds up quick.

I got tired of unexpected problems in town and out in the backcountry that I bought two new Toyotas. The new car smell and factory warranty were comforting, but in the end they are just cars. Which to me are disposable, no matter how you slice it. I the dig the fact that some guys like rocking old school rigs, for whatever reason, but newer trucks are nice. They ride nice, have nice creature comforts, and I really value the safety. I've been in several accidents, and have witnessed some bad ones right in front of my eyes and newer vehicles are a benefit if you value your health. Not all vehicles are created equal when it comes to an accident.

Good luck with your search. I can see the dilemma and am not trying to be a thorn in your side.