There's still used deals to be had. City electric went out of business up here in AK and I got into a 2002 f-350 super duty crew cab for $5300.

Looking at it's records that came with the truck, the company paid $8700 in just the flat bed, utility rack and steel cargo boxes.

Hauled so much green firewood, in one load, broke the flat bed mount up near cab. Also high centered both axles on stumps on a logging trail.

The abs brakes are so fkn strong, dodged a moose at 60 mph on the highway. Really good brakes.

Some dodge-douche decided to try and drive a 3/4 ton truck down a snow machine trail over near eureka Alaska. He sunk to the bumpers in hard pack snow. Tied together 200 ft of tow strap to reach him. Trashed the torque converter getting him unstuck as I was chirping all four tires in 4low/Drive 1 on bare asphalt trying to find the traction to pull him out.

Get this dodge-douche unstuck, the fkn guy is in tears and tries to hug me?!

I tell him I ruinied 200 ft of tow straps (abrasion, and knotted where I ran out of shackles). Said he'd mail me new ones. He never did.

Anyways, don't regret helping someone in need, but that torque converter completely went out 5 months later towing my 1.25 ton m1028 cucv on twin axle trailer.

Went all out on a fkn killer transmission build: triple disc billet convertor, and high performance everything.

After killer transmission build, only $9700 into what is definitely the best work truck I've ever owned.

I wouldn't trade this here super duty for any of the new diesels.