I had a 70 Dodge 3/4T,Gasser, 383, 4 sp. It was a pulling son of a gun,. I rebuilt the engine at 85K and sold it at about 120 K Great truck

After that 85 Ford,460, 4sp, 3/4T Dually. It kept nickel and dimeing me with rear axle seals, hydraulic clutch cable, oil leaks all thru the engine and transmission.Rear main seal was replaced twice in warranty . It got 8mpg empty and 3 mpg loaded. It vapor locked on every mountain pass until I put a 3rd electric fuel pump on it and an ice bucket fuel cooler. I sold it at 85K

My 98 Dodge Cummins. Crapped out the engine at 150K with a blown head gasket. Head warped, complete set of valves with valve job. New radiator,hoses, heater core, water pump because of all the oil sludge int the cooling system. Don't know why, but the turbo went out too.That all was $6K. .Before that,3 injector pumps at $1800 each. Lift pump replaced with a FASS system that was replaced once. New clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, hydraulic clutch actuator, $2K. Complete rebuild of After Market Compression brake. New steering tracking bar, tie rod ends. Replaced accelerator module. I think I had more in repairs than I paid new.

I drive a 2019 Chevy 2500HD Duramax now. It has15k on it now. I will see how that goes. I bought the extended Platimum Warranty on it at purchase. It cost the same as one injector pump replacement.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles