Had two Dodge half tons in the 70s and 80s. Between rust and mechanical issues, no wish to ever have another one. Had transmission failure on the '84 at less than 80,000 miles. Last straw for me.

Just when I thought they were improving, neighbor's son wound up with a '96 4x4 that ate the tranny within a year, then proceeded to have electrical issues.Warranty replaced tranny then failed. PA Lemon Law replacement, traded the new replacement truck on an F250, while it was still "whole".

Just talked to a guy I hadn't seen in some time, who had gotten a '14 RAM 4x4 the same year I got my Chebbie. 230,000 miles, on tranny number three. When he got it, was yapping at me about his 8 speed, when I only had a 6 speed. Turned out both trucks still got around 22 MPG highway. Only failure so far on my '14 Silverado, A/C condenser around 86,000 miles and seven years.

RAMs have gotten very popular around here, judging by the numbers I see on the road. And sitting along the road?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.