Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I bought 1000 Winchester cases in 223 about 10 years ago, great quality with ZERO issues. apparently their quality went down hill sometime in the last 10 years

That's what many people are saying. You would think if their QC dropped badly, Winchester would have corrected things. How wide spread is it?

Originally Posted by Cinch
I’ve seen this with the newer Winchester 223 brass... quite a bit actually... along with split necks and other issues... the only other newer Winchester brass I’ve dealt with is 22 Hornet and it was also poor quality... I have a friend that manufactures ammunition and he dropped Winchester brass all together and went to Hornady...

Interesting. I wonder how 308, 30-06 brass and other cases from Winchester are wrt quality?

Maybe you are living under a rock ,but I thought it was a known issue with Winchester brass. I stopped buying it because their QC really sucks. I know there have been threads on this. Mainly regarding the red and black bag stuff. I had to buy a damn chamfering tool to take burrs out of the inside of the case in the flash hole. Never have had to do this before with any manufacture's brass, but Winchester has been total garbage for about 5 years now.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA