Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Wow. I wonder if the QC people are paid to eliminate the good ones from the bags? laugh

The next question is, if a person doesn't buy, or won't buy Win brass, what is the most commonly purchased 223 brass in the US?

I started out (this time) with 100 of the sorted and prepped Nosler. Excellent, but spendy. Then I got a good deal on unprimed Lake City 5.56 from Federal (no pesky crimps). 250 in a bag for $45, IIRC. Also very good stuff and tough, so it’s said. Since LC is under the control of someone else now, who knows, but MIL SPEC should mean something, right? My guess is LC is as close to the “standard” as anything. Once-fired, processed or not, seems very popular and cheap, if you don’t mind a bit of work.

I have a bunch of Fiocchi from their good and cheap American made factory ammo. It’s a lot heavier than the others, so I back off a bit on the powder. Their 40gr VMax loads have shot well in a couple of rifles and cost about $.40 a round. Have some 50gr on backorder now. I also picked up 100 rounds of Nosler Blem ammo with their bonded 64gr bullets for less than I could buy the brass and bullets for. Doesn’t look blemished to me!

What fresh Hell is this?