Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Update: Yesterday - 17 Jun 21 - I followed up with Winchester, and asked,

Good morning, Christine. This is a follow up to our emails from last month. I wanted to know what the QC manager found when he checked into the problem. I assume he did?

I received this response.

Hello Stephen

I no information from the Quality Control Team. We sent this to our Canada Division so I have no other correspondence from them.

Thanks
Christine

The brass is produced in the US, so it seems foolish to send my correspondence to the Canadian distributor. QC in the US was originally where Christine, the Winchester rep, said my observations would be sent. This morning, I sent her this.

Just a quick question. Why was it forwarded to the Canada division? I thought the brass is made in the US.

She responded quickly, saying,

Hello Steve.

It is made in the US but you live in Canada . So I don’t handle Canadian complaints. You should have gotten a call or correspondence from a Beth Mercer.

Thanks
Christine

I sent her this a minute ago.

I see. In an earlier email, you said that you were going to forward the observations to the GC manager. Since the brass is produced in the US, it seems that my observations should have been addressed by QC in the plant where they are made.

I am not looking to start a shouting match or get my money refunded. I genuinely hoped that QC would be interested in what myself and others have found in product bags from various retail outlets. We had talked about me receiving a response from the QC manager. Specifically, his findings, and what would be done to correct the problem. It is a worrisome production problem that is not good for the company's reputation.

I hope you understand that I am trying to help. frown

Are they sweeping this under the rug? smile

https://303british.com

That's exactly what happened to me. I was referred to Beth, who told me I would be refunded for the cost of the brass if I sent it back to them (at my expense). I decided against that, and just continued to use the pieces that remained, discarding the bad ones.