Originally Posted by kragman1
Originally Posted by pullit
So you are saying that the CZ is better than the Tikka accuracy wise, good to know as I really could not decide.

I don't have a T1x to compare (and people sure seem to be happy with theirs) but my CZ 457 Varmint is terrific, and the two 455's that I have any real experience with are too. I do have a 455 Varmint that didn't impress first time out, but it was only one time and in some swirly wind. I consider that one "TBD". All four rifles are more or less stock - one 455 has a Mr Fly trigger, the TBD 455 Varmint has a Yo Dave kit done by the previous owner.

I'm the kind of guy that likes walnut, and I like the changes on the 457's a lot. I would rather have a walnut & nitride 457 American or Lux over a stainless & plastic T1x. If someone didn't want to have to baby a walnut stock, the 457's can also be had in plastic.

Thats why I figure the CZ 457 is a fair yardstick for a good .22 rifle. There are many fine choices out there though. And truth be told, I wouldn't mind having a T1x in a walnut sporter stock.

I have a CZ457. It came with a .17HMR barrel that is ridiculously accurate. I picked up a stainless .22lr barrel that I have shot on it a bit. Only shot the 22lr. indoors at 20 yards - very accurate even with bulk ammo. The trigger is excellent, the safety is like a M700, fit an finish is nice, price is reasonable. So good in fact that I have considered selling my Savage Anschutz M164 (which was the budget sporter to have in the 1980's) I highly recommend the CZ 457.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope