Originally Posted by cisco1

Steve,

The small fry cartridges are fun.

Besides the big small fry cartridges .222 and up.

I shoot Hornets in several rifles - Anschutz- Kimbers , couple No -Name bolt guns, etc- and pistols ....... Exemplar -Contender.

.218 Bee in Winchester 43's ( much over-rated rifle) and a 65 lever.

.221 Fireball original rem, and more.

All a lot of fun.. For many many years I bought all the amoo I could find in said cals. often in small shops and hardware stores, lotsa brass for reloading.

They sure are! There are lots of great things about small cartridges. I think the biggest reasons are they're cheap to feed and can be used year round. A pound of powder can be stretched a long way. smile

That was smart to buy up ammunition. Back when most hardware stores and rural stores sold ammunition, you could come across some real gems. There was a small place just outside of Orillia that used to carry ammunition. The young guy who ran the place said his grandfather hunted, so they carried loaded ammunition. Some of it was no good to me, but I should have bought it up when I could. I think they carried 218 Bee ammunition. 45 or 46 grain loads? At the time I thought, well, I have a Hornet. No need for a Bee! laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]