saddlegun;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's a wee bit more sunny for you folks than it is here - but then if you need the rain like we do... anyways I hope all is well as can be in your world.

It's cool to read your experience with the Miroku - the ones I've looked at were truly wonderfully built in every way I thought.

When I was a kid, my buddy's Dad had a worn '92 - the ones with that ugly gumwood that didn't stain up at all - in .44-40 that I fell in love with.

It's funny that I lusted after several originals and then a Miroku or two for most of my life before finally picking up a Chiappa clone in .357 a few years ago. This Chiappa seems very nicely made and functions fine so far - but to be honest I just plink with it.

For sure though I've picked up a couple screaming deals over the years because they were handloading proposals only. Our youngest daughter's hunting rifle was a 722 action with an RKS stainless match barrel in .250AI that buddy couldn't sell. If it'd been a .243 or even a .250 he said he'd have had lots of buyers, but nobody wanted to fool with an Ackley Improved.

Since there was already a .22-250AI in the safe, it turned out I was pretty fluent in AI speak, bought it for a very reasonable price and she used it for years.

The same goes for a pair of .308 Norma's in the safe. The last time I saw factory ammo for one and looked at the price I needed to go to the car for more heart meds! laugh I can't imagine what they'd ask for a box now. eek

All that to say that for sure I get where you're coming from with keeping the old and odd rounds percolating.

All the best and thanks for the pleasant exchange sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"