I've had terrible luck with Leupold scopes I've sent back no less than six of them. Most recently, a $3400 scope made three trips to them over the course of a year for wandering zero and inability to track. Once they told me it was fine and sent it back without doing anything but opening it up and cleaning the glass. Second trip back they told me they "fixed" the problem and replaced a few parts. Upon receipt, it was obviously not fixed and continued to have a wandering zero and failed to track.. The third time, I was a bit irate. I demanded a replacement scope. The guy on the phone told me I didn't know what I was talking about and it was a rifle problem or a shooter problem. I informed him that I had tried the scope on four rifles with the same result, meanwhile my S&Bs didn't have a problem on those rifles. I also stated that the shooting awards I possess and satisfied students I instruct would suggest that it is neither problem he suggested. He stated he would personally shoot it and if the problems exist, he would replace it with a brand new scope.

It took him three months to "test it" due to snow on their range, go figure? Finally he called and stated I was indeed right, the scope wouldn't track and the zero wandered. He also admitted that the two previous times the scope was only "visually inspected" according to the records. He said they would replace the erector system and have it back in three days. I reminded him that he promised to replace it if it was found to be defective...at this point I'd spent $100 in shipping it to them three times and I'd been chasing my tail with hundreds of dollars worth of ammunition only to have Leupold tell me there was nothing wrong with the scope and it was me. He then stated they didn't have any product to replace it with and I'd have to wait another three months for my $3000+ dollar paperweight to finally be useable. I stated that I wanted a new scope and wanted it fast.

Three days later the same scope came back to my door with a fresh set of ring marks down through the anodizing. To his credit, it did work...finally. I do not recommend Leupold optics anymore. Its a crap-shoot and you may, or may not get customer service. You may get called a liar and belittled for questioning whether or not they could have possibly made a lemon.