So far I've never experienced what you guys are talking about. Most of my scopes have held up to my use of them.

Last dealings I've had with Bushnell, I had bought a 2 x 7 Engage and it has issues, that didnt focus well whatsoever.
I posted an evaluation on it negatively... I got a PM from someone at Bushnell asking me to contact them.. so I did.

They offered to take it back and offer me another version, any one I picked... straight up trade..
So I picked a 2.5 x 10.... that worked out well. I gave them a good review on the campfire on that one.. I also asked about purchasing one in 4 x16, and the 6 x 24... they let me purchase both of those at a very low dealer price, which I did... I love them and have had no issues whatsoever.

Since Bushnell now owns the Tasco name, I had a 4 x 16 on a rimfire that went south. I pulled it from the rifle at the range before heading home.
Was having a bug up my ass kind of day, I actually tossed it out the window heading down I 5 doing 70 mph.... I then felt guilty about "littering" and went back and picked it up after looking for it for 15 minutes. It set on a shelf banged to hell and back for 6 months... one day cleaning, I figured why not send it back to Bushnell anyway, what have I got to loose? Its junk anyway. Just sent it in, and within a week got a package back from them. I figured they just sent my scope back, after laughing their asses off.... it sat back on the shelf unopened for another 6 months. I opened it to just throw it out, and to my surprise they had sent me a Rebuilt Scope of the same model. I mounted it back on another rim fire and it is still giving me fine service. That was 7 or 8 years ago.. Never saw a bill for it. And the scope was from Tasco before Bushnell took them over.

Bought a broken 3 x Leupold late 60s vintage, from a guy at our local Bi Mart. He was trying to trade it in for a 4 power Simmons, that cost $40. So I asked him what he wanted for it, and he tells me $40. SO I took it and gave him $40, he bought a rimfire 4 power Simmons to put on his 7 Mag. Probably told all of his doper friends, About screwing over some dumbass at Bi Mart by selling him a broken Scope. I got it home and sent it up to Portland to Leupold. They call me in 3 days and tell me they don't have parts for it, so they suggest trading it for a 4 power.. I counter with how much would it cost me to upgrade to a 6 power. I was asked to hold for a second, she came back on, that she had a new 6 power with a dot reticle sent in, that had a reticle change and they had put the wrong reticle in it. So if I'd take the 6 x with a dot reticle...even swap. Still have that doing service 20 years later on top of a 243.

Maybe I am living right, who knows.

The way the world is going tho nowadays, I figure a lifetime warranty is open to interpretation any more. Times certainly are NOT what they use to be.
I think we hunters got spoiled. scope companies have finally figured out that other industries are getting away with crappy service. Last frig I bought my wife that she just had to have at Home Depot, the sales lady told me that to expect a service life of anything on their floor, to be just 3 to 5 years.. regardless of price of the Frig.
Even the independent guys who delivered it told me the same thing...Told me I had a good one... this one ought to last 5 years or so...
The real expensive ones have a shorter service life, due to all the extra features...

its the world we live in, because they can get away with it.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez