In Canada there are only two factory service centers.Leupold and Bushnell. I got sucked on a used Bushnell Scopechief. Scopechief at the time was Bushnell top line, comparable to Leupold's VariX-III. Looking back on it, I paid twice as much as should have. My bench technique is very consistent, so if a scope doesn't hold zero, and wanders, I know it. It's confirmed by scope swapping. This early 80s scope had issues so off it went, three month later I get it back. After some more range time, the wanderlust came back. Off it went again. This time it came back saying it was too old, they didn't have the parts, and sent me another scope as well.. I glanced at it, the caps had that Bushnell logo that you find on the cheap Banner series.I was hoping for something better. It became a spare. The canoe rifle went for a swim, no problem to that veteran of two world wars but the cross hairs of the rebuilt Weaver K4 60B lay on the floor. I dried the rifle and put the spare on. This year my curiosity got the better of me ,so I checked what scope was on the canoe rifle, turns out they sent me a Scopechief 4x from the early '70s. I can't complain, that scope is considerably better than any fixed power Leupold of that era.It's comparable to the much new FX series. I take it they had reconditioned it. However Bushnell is saying lifetime is 30 years now.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back