It's tough to get a "do-it-all" shotgun that is comfortable to shoot 100+ rounds at clays and yet light and portable enough to carry turkey hunting. My turkey hunting is probably different than most, I cover miles cross country on large secluded blocks of public ground in the Ozark mountains. Weight is a concern for me. My Benelli M1 24" barrel 12 gauge with sling is handy enough and kills gobblers, coyote and hogs for me while turkey hunting. During winter it goes predator hunting and handles coyote, fox, bobcat and occasionally a hog. It also has enough punch to ward off an aggressive bear or lion.

I don't want to shoot 100-200 rounds through that M1 at my trap and skeet club. At the skeet club I'd rather have a long barrel, heavier gas operated clays gun like a Beretta. Or a similar long barrel, heavier target grade O/U. Like my Beretta. If you hunt a farm and don't carry the turkey gun much and you don't shoot more than a couple boxes of target loads occasionally a compromise could be found much easier.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.