Owned a lot of shotguns in my time , pretty damned hard to beat and 870 with a light contour barrel and remchokes for ultimate versatility and reliability in a pump. You want an semi auto though. My first thought on this is fit and feel for me that's an M1 Benelli Super 90 with the 26 in barrel. I bought mine 1994 when the first run of wood stocks came out, traded a nice 24" barreled Montefeltro and cash for it. Would really never need another shotgun as it does everything in the field so well. But variety is the spice of life and I've shot enough that I can shoot about any well fitting shotgun. I like.my M37's, my 97 win, and 870's , 1100 , m11's, A-5's, dbl's and o/u's. Like I said it's great if you can pick right the first time but if you don't trade it
It's way cheaper than trading women or getting rid of them. Good luck I think you will need it there is a pile of options out there to sort thru. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "