Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Lot of people recommend beretta but it irritates the heck out of me to have to push the button to stuff shells in the magazine.I tried one on a dove hunt this year and hated it. I have hunted with a Browning A5 for 38 years. I just feed in shells as I shoot. If you have to do anything special to load it is a dealbreaker for me.

I just loaded a 391 and a 300 and have no clue what you’re talking about. “Push the button” to stuff shells in magazine.

Bolt was locked open. Laid one in port. Pushed bolt release button to chamber the round. Then loaded 3 in the magazine just like loading pretty much any other shotgun. No buttons pressed at all. Pushed shell carrier up with shell, then slid forward.

How'd you get the bolt to lock open?

That is how I keep it in the safe, bolt locked open, and to be honest, without being home to manipulate, I don't know, don't even think about it, it just does....

Pretty sure the bolt locks open on both my 300 and 391 when the last shell is fired and the magazine is empty. Alternatively, if the bolt is closed on an empty gun, you can push the button on the back of the shell carrier, then manually open the bolt and it will lock open.

In a hunting situation, the last shell is fired, the bolt locks open, you drop a shell in the ejection port, push the bolt release button on the side of the action, load 2 or 3 shells into the magazine (without pushing any buttons), and rock on.