NWAdrew: First off welcome to the CampFire and watch out for the immature simpleton named "boob brown" who so often posts his idiocy on here.
My Remington 700 Classic in 223 Remington just loves the wonderful 50 grain Nosler Ballistic-Tips!
Be sure and try that bullet if you ever "change your intentions" with your 223 Classic.
The last time I checked the "zero" on this Rifle with the Noslers I fired a 3 shot group at 100 yards measuring .257"!
Checking my loading log the normal 5 shot groups at 100 yards measure in the .650" range (with a Leupold 4x12 scope).
I also am dubious that the Remington Classic in 223 Remington would be, what I regard, as a long range Rifle.
But my Rifle sure shines with the 50 grainers and moderate ranges (350 yards or so) while Varmint and predator Hunting.
My 2,012 Remington product catalog shows the 223's in similar configuration to yours as having a 1 in 12" right hand twist.
Best of luck to you and again welcome to the CampFire.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Those 62 grain Federal Fusion bullets just may shoot well in your Rifle - let us know how they do.