Originally Posted by NWAdrew
I recently acquired a brand new Remington 700 Classic in .223. Already had the 2001 Classic in 7mm-08 which has been very accurate and my favorite deer caliber. Yesterday I mounted a Zeiss Conquest MC 3-9x40mm scope and hit my range for initial sighting in with Hornady 55g soft points. For a new barrel I'm not disappointed in the groups right out of the box. Especially on a windy day. But hoping to get this rifle to sub MOA groups. I've read Remington made the 700's in varmint calibers with 1:12 twist. Can anyone confirm? And if so, do rifles with that slower twist rate compared to most MSR's with 1:8 or 1:9 twist prefer heavier bullets? I have several boxes of Federal Fusion in 62 grain and a couple boxes of Hornady Match bullets with 75 gr BTHP to play with.

Your rifle is twisted all wrong to play with heavies. A 1 in 12 223 rem is only good for about 62gr max. I wouldn't try heavier bullets in it, because you will just be wasting expensive hard to find components. You may want to try to find a different rifle with a 1 in 8 twist barrel, or re-barrel your remington, that way you'll be good for just about any bullet weight you can put in your 223 rem.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA