Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by jwall
Guys, I have a sincere question. No criticism, just a serious curiosity.

Where do you find 16 ga. shells?

Now, I don't have one but I do like em but I haven't seen 16 ga shells in a long time. When I did they were Xpensive.

Jerry

You would need to load your own.

Apparently the general Campfire inability to grasp irony applied to my 10 Perfect Cartridges post. I was less tongue-in-cheek about the 16-gauge than the other rounds, some of which were apparently too obscure for most members to know anything about.

But no, I do not believe the 16-gauge is the be-all and end-all of shotgun gauges--which is why I own and hunt with shotguns in 28, 20, 12 and 10 gauge--aside from my several 16s.

I do think the 16 is a little better than the 3" 20 for upland birds and decoyed duck hunting.

I also stocked up on 16-gauage factory ammo long before this latest "shortage"--but also bought a few boxes at local stores as the trend became more obvious. But also had enough 16-gauge components on hand to feed my (and Eileen's) 16s for the rest of our hunting lives.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck