Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I have been insured by USAA for over 25 years. I recently purchased my 17 year old daughter a new Kia Forte with every safety feature known to mankind.

Our insurance prior to adding the new car and my daughter was 167 per month for my 2011 Ford Truck and our 2014 Pathfinder. Our new premium is now about 450 a month.

Has anyone found a good, reputable company to deal
with when it comes to adding a teen driver?

What are the best strategies for saving some money or best companies to get a quote from?

Thanks,

Dan

Your first mistake was adding her to your policy, you don’t have to. Any driver that lives in your home is covered, any driver you give permission to drive is also covered if they do not live in your home and do not have insurance, under your policy. My daughter has been driving for 6 years, rates never changed. They still don’t know. It’s why they always ask if you’d like to add a driver to the policy, don’t do it.

If they get in an accident, they’ll be covered but rates will change.

This is a very bad idea. First just being a liar is not the way to live your life. Second, many states made it legal for then to flat out deny coverage if you did not disclose a person living with you.

Lol, you take that [bleep]. Not me

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~